Monday, November 14, 2011

From the Desk of Suzanne

Week of November 14, 2011

The launch of Leadership Pioneer Valley (LPV)last month had a special meaning for me. This brand new initiative got its start here – at the Northampton Chamber. It’s a great credit to the Chamber that we have the vision and persistence to incubate important initiatives that go beyond the expected.  And, for me, I consider Leadership Hampshire County (LHC), now Leadership Pioneer Valley, to be the most important contribution yet of my professional life.  I learned so much from my colleagues who designed LHC – Pat Hassett, Alan Bloomgarden, Rick Feldman, Donna Jenson, Lewis Stess and Jeanne Yocum – and the 25 leaders who participated in the pilot program. It was a proud moment to see that vision come to life. If you’re curious go to www.leadershippv.org .

On a completely different note. I’m using Facebook a bit and I’m starting to get it! The Chamber has a page – make sure you “like” us – that we’re posting to almost every day. So why did I bring this up? Because we’ve talked a lot here about how to stir up our member to member connections. And now that I’m using Facebook, I really get the value of an online community. We’ve “tried on” a couple of ideas but always end up not sure about where to start. Any suggestions?

Click here to comment, we love to hear your input!